Our goal is to get to the bottom of the problem and find a personalized, conservative but effective solution to your TMJ problems. Too often treatment is aimed at symptoms rather than the root cause. The result of this band aid approach is recurrence of symptoms and development of a chronic and poorly managed TMJ condition that never heals. Here is what we plan to accomplish during your appointment in order to create a personalized treatment plan to get you better.
- Review your medical and dental history and gather all the necessary information regarding your symptoms.
- Perform a thorough examination of your jaw joints, jawbones, and muscles.
- Take and review a CBCT 3 D x-ray image
- Take digital or physical impressions of your teeth
- Recommend additional images and tests if needed
- If appropriate, provide some initial temporary relief of pain. (However, keep in mind that the goal is to get to the root cause of the problem and develop a personalized treatment plan for the long-term management of the disorder.)
- Provide a treatment plan recommendation.
- Answer your questions and provide additional information including financial options.